Have you ever thought about your deadline? Yes, I am referring to your death.
I learned through few incidences in life that the people around us will not always be there for us and we cant live as long as we want. There are things that we thought we wanted to do or say but we couldn’t anymore because of the deadlines.
I thought about my death many years ago. I wasn’t clear about what I wanted to find out. I saw my fear of the uncertainties await right after the death and of course the karma, the reincarnation into another form which I may not be able to hear and learn about Buddhism as much as I can now.
The question that strike me hardest was if i am living the way I was, will I have tonnes of regrets at the end of my days? Will my footprints bring the world any good?
Or I should put it this way, what ’s the meaning of my life? Which is not referring to what I had, what I have done, what I wanted to do but what I SUPPOSE to do.
I do not have clear answers even after years. But I am trying to live my life right, in a SUPPOSE way and not my way or the common way.
I am reading this book recently. Chasing Daylight, memoir of former KPMG CEO Eugene O’Kelly. Talking about how his forthcoming death transformed his life.
It’s true that sometimes we need to learn how to live from death.
I hope you can spend some time to think about your deadline and how you want to live your life. Let me share the 5 ultimate things shared in the book, summarized by his beloved soulmate who had walked with him, chased the daylight together, Corinne O' Kelly:
1. Face reality
2. Simplify
3. Live in the moment
4. Recognising perfection
5. Achieving balance
I m afraid that the summary was too brief and easily misinterpreted. So If you decided that you have more time to think about this topic, perhaps you can also read this book.
note: I borrow this book from our public library in Jusco. Haven't find out which book store is selling it.. Do let me know if u found it somewhere :) thanks~
2010年11月13日星期六
订阅:
博文评论 (Atom)
没有评论:
发表评论